Entrepreneurship 101 for Life Coaches
Straight talk from Lumia CEO Noelle Cordeaux and entrepreneurship instructor Brianna Firestone about the process of building your business as a life coach.
The Everything Life Coaching Podcast, featuring Lumia Coaching founders John Kim and Noelle Cordeaux, is a deep dive into the experience and business of being a life coach. Subscribe to get new episodes weekly!
A conversation with Lumia Coaching instructor, Brianna Firestone
Brianna Firestone is the founder of The School of Betty, a platform that empowers women+ to create better relationships with their money, time, and energy so they can eliminate money stress and build financial freedom.
As a Certified Lumia Life Coach and Financial Education Instructor, Brianna is an expert in teaching personal finance that is fun, approachable, and easy to implement. Her Fierce Finances 8 week program is a successful group coaching course that helps women+ change their money mindset, pay off debt, and create incredible, positive new habits around their finances. Brianna is a financial contributor for MindBodyGreen and her expert advice has been featured in Real Simple, Newsweek, The Financial Diet, Money.com, Reader’s Digest, and Business Insider.
To learn more about Brianna’s coaching practice, you can visit her website www.theschoolofbetty.com or connect on Instagram @theschoolofbetty.
What does Brianna teach in the Lumia coach training program? ENTREPRENEURSHIP 101.
In this class, Lumia students learn the ins and outs of entrepreneurship, how to establish big and smaller picture goals, create systems, build a toolkit, and intentionally take their first steps into getting clients and starting a business.
In this episode of The Everything Life Coaching Podcast, Brianna and Noelle discuss the entrepreneurial journey. Together they explore:
- Entrepreneurship as a masterclass in knowing yourself
- Taking the skills and knowledge you gain in coach training to create the life you want through your business
- The importance of understanding your relationship with money
- Paying attention to what you naturally gravitate towards, and finding the “magic spark” for your coaching practice
- How to identify the thing YOU’VE already done or experienced that other people would like to have, learn, or do for themselves
- Working through the fear, “what if’s” and resistance that often accompany starting your own business (and how to stick with it when things get hard)
- Assessing your tolerance for risk so you can take the leap into entrepreneurship with greater confidence
- Leveraging relational currency to support your business growth
- Tips for navigating "the messy middle" as you're building your practice
- The impact of having a coaching community to rely upon for support as you learn, grow, and try new things in your business
Listen in as Noelle and Brianna talk about what success really looks like, and how to get there on your terms.
Want to Become a Coach?
One of our values at Lumia is that we dare to be different. Our coaches like Brianna ignore the expectations society tries to impose on them, and seek to live from their own truth instead. If you are ready to step into your power as a coach, come check out Lumia Life Coach Training. Grounded in science, our ICF accredited program features authentic instructors, a robust curriculum, and business instruction to prepare you for liftoff.