The Everything Life Coaching Podcast, featuring Lumia Coaching founders John Kim and Noelle Cordeaux, is a deep dive into the experience and business of being a life coach. Subscribe to get new episodes weekly!
Personal Branding and Defying Expectations
A conversation with Lumia Coaching instructor, Danielle Adams-Wiltshire
Danielle Adams-Wiltshire is originally from the Jersey Shore, and she now lives in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. She calls herself a reformed retail banking professional, who spent more than 15 years serving in multiple service, sales, business development, small business lending and managerial roles.
Since the official inception of her business in 2014, she's taken a great deal of pride in successfully reinventing herself from her rise in the financial services world to her RESET as a business leader, creating her own “C-suite” with QueenSuite. Today, she works primarily with professionals looking to shine or straighten their crown.
What does Danielle teach in the Lumia coach training program? Danielle teaches in the Signature program, and is a mentor coach for students who are working toward their ICF credential. Two of her favorite topics to cover in the curriculum include Active Listening and Powerful Questioning.
In this episode, Danielle and Noelle discuss her journey to becoming a coach, and the importance of personal branding. Together they explore:
- Recognizing the opportunity in a difficult work situation to make a change in direction and step into your purpose
- How Danielle’s coaching niche and ideal client evolved over time
- How she navigated the slow business build
- Balancing business diversification as a “one woman show”
- Strategies for attracting clients and earning visibility
- Tips for building your network and cultivating business relationships
- The shift in what “personal branding” means - it isn’t about LOOKING the part, it’s in how you SHOW UP
- The importance of embracing what’s unique about you
- Defining success on your own terms
- How to get good at coaching (spoiler alert: you need to work with people who you don't know!)
Listen in as Noelle and Danielle talk about what it really looks like to build a coaching business from the ground up.
Want to Become a Coach?
One of our values at Lumia is that we dare to be different. Our coaches like Danielle ignore the expectations society tries to impose on them, and seek to live from their own truth instead. If you are ready to step into your power as a coach, come check out Lumia Life Coach Training. Grounded in science, our ICF accredited program features authentic instructors, a robust curriculum, and business instruction to prepare you for liftoff.