The Everything Life Coaching Podcast, featuring Lumia Coaching founders John Kim and Noelle Cordeaux, is a deep dive into the experience and business of being a life coach. Subscribe to get new episodes weekly!
Using Coaching Skills As A Leader
Chanti Zak is a quiz funnel strategist and growth coach for online business owners, change makers, and brands that give a damn. She's also a graduate of the Lumia Life Coach Training program. Want to check out an example of her work? Take the quiz: Should You Become A Life Coach? You can find Chanti online at www.chantizak.com.
In this episode, Chanti and Noelle discuss her journey to becoming a coach, her work as a marketing strategist, and how she incorporates coaching into her roles as a business owner and leader.
Together they explore:
- What it’s really like to be an entrepreneur
- Adapting coaching techniques for business owners
- How life coach training has made Chanti a better leader, creator, and parent
- The experience of being a new coach
How does life coach training benefit professionals who aren't necessarily planning to “become a coach”?
It gives you the skills to:
- Ask the right questions of clients, employees, and business partners so they can arrive at their own unique solutions.
- Create an emotionally safe environment for employees so that more creativity can emerge.
- Recognize that when you offer guidance and advice, that there’s no guarantee the other person has actually heard and understood it. (And what to do instead!)
- Shift from a “prescriptive” consulting relationship to approaching projects in a way that develops self efficacy and agency for the client.
- Dig deeper to go beyond what a client says they want and find out what they really need.
- Remove your ego from the process so you can center the client, and why that’s so important.
- Move beyond the “desire to be liked” so that you can become a conduit for someone else’s experience.
- Experience the impact that comes with being completely present and listening deeply to another person.
Listen in as Noelle and Chanti talk about how coaching techniques can be useful in your business and personal relationships, and the ways it has helped Chanti show up even better as a parent too!
Want to Become a Coach?
One of our values at Lumia is that we dare to be different. Our coaches like Chanti ignore the expectations society tries to impose on them, and seek to live from their own truth instead. If you are ready to step into your power as a coach, come check out Lumia Life Coach Training. Grounded in science, our ICF accredited program features authentic instructors, a robust curriculum, and business instruction to prepare you for liftoff.