The Everything Life Coaching Podcast, featuring Lumia Coaching founders John Kim and Noelle Cordeaux, is a deep dive into the experience and business of being a life coach. Subscribe to get new episodes weekly!
A conversation with Lumia Coaching instructor, Brianna Firestone
Brianna Firestone is the founder of The School of Betty, a platform that empowers women+ to create better relationships with their money, time, and energy so they can eliminate money stress and build financial freedom.
As a Certified Lumia Life Coach and Financial Education Instructor, Brianna is an expert in teaching personal finance that is fun, approachable, and easy to implement. Her Fierce Finances 8 week program is a successful group coaching course that helps women+ change their money mindset, pay off debt, and create incredible, positive new habits around their finances. Brianna is a financial contributor for MindBodyGreen and her expert advice has been featured in Real Simple, Newsweek, The Financial Diet, Money.com, Reader’s Digest, and Business Insider.
What does Brianna teach in the Lumia coach training program?
Entrepreneurship 101. In this class, Lumia students learn the ins and outs of entrepreneurship, how to establish big and smaller picture goals, create systems, build a toolkit, and intentionally take their first steps into getting clients and starting a business.
In this episode of The Everything Life Coaching Podcast, Brianna and Noelle discuss what it's like to work as a money healer and coach, how Brianna found her coaching niche, what a typical day looks like in her practice, and the issues people have around money.
Together they explore:
- How Brianna’s own struggles with money in her 20’s eventually lead to her calling as a coach. She talks about how she paid off $30,000 in debt, without actually learning how to change her relationship with money! Eventually, another financial crisis prompted her to create a “year without shopping” challenge for herself. That experience exploded her understanding of how humans relate to money (and where the real problem lies: in our habits, emotions, and behaviors)
- How Brianna turned those experiences into a successful “90 Day No Shopping Challenge” course to share what she’d learned with others, and her decision to step even further into this calling by pursuing her coach certification with Lumia.
- Learning how to trust your own wisdom, and supporting clients as they discover theirs
- A typical day in the life of Brianna’s coaching practice, and how she’s created structure for herself as an entrepreneur
- Understanding your circadian rhythm, and what times of day are best for different types of work
- Recognizing the pace of a client’s learning style, and figuring out how to match them in that journey with the programs and offerings you create as a coach
- Creating boundaries with clients, dealing with "tough cookies," supporting client growth, and practicing detatchment as a coach
- Tips and strategies for exploring (and healing) YOUR relationship with money!
When thinking about your coaching niche and choosing a direction for your practice, a great place to begin is with “the thing you overcame.” For Brianna, it was overcoming a challenging relationship with money. For Noelle, it was her relationship with body image and her agency and professional capacity as a woman.
But that's only the beginning! Brianna and Noelle talk about the importance of understanding that the role of a coach isn’t to give direct advice on how to “do the same thing you did.” The reality is that it’s impossible to replicate another person’s path, and it’s not the job of a coach to deliver OUR answer! Rather, coach training provides us with the tools and methodology to lead others through their own process of discovery.
Listen in as Noelle and Brianna talk about how Brianna translated her own experiences into a coaching methodology and teaching style that helps others find their own way toward money healing and financial assurance in their lives.
To hear even more from Noelle and Brianna's conversation, you can tune into Part 1 of their discussion here: Entrepreneurship 101 for Life Coaches.
Want to Become a Coach?
One of our values at Lumia is that we dare to be different. Our coaches like Brianna ignore the expectations society tries to impose on them, and seek to live from their own truth instead. If you are ready to step into your power as a coach, come check out Lumia Life Coach Training. Grounded in science, our ICF accredited program features authentic instructors, a robust curriculum, and business instruction to prepare you for liftoff.